Party Pros: Create your own Web Site
|Country Line Dance:
Pairs around the room, progressing counter-clockwise. Man stands on inside, woman on outside.
Both face line-of-dance.
man's right hand holds woman's right hand just outside her right shoulder, man's left hand holds woman's left hand in front of his left shoulder.
1. touch right heel forward
2. touch right toe back
3. polka steps in place: right-left-right
4. rock forward on left foot
5. rock back on right foot
6. polka steps in place: left-right-left
7. rock back on right foot
8. rock forward on left foot
9. polka steps in place: right-left-right
10. rock forward on left foot
11. pivot 1/2 turn to right bring weight down on right foot
12. poika steps in place: left-right-left
13. rock forward on right foot
14. rock on left foot turning 1/4 turn to left (couple facing outside of floor, girl in front of guy)
15. rock on right foot
16. rock on left foot turning 1/4 turn to left (couple facing line of dance again)
Do 4 sets of polka steps moving forward
Dance begins again
Note: Hands move easily with the turns in this dance so they can remain holding on to one another at all times.
Sometimes people do move slightly forward when doing the polka steps in place. Just follow the line of dancers.